UserProfilerManager

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Hello,
your solution is very interesting and i would like to implemented in my scenario.
I want to ask you if is possible use your project to authenticate users through "user profiler manager" instead Ldap
Thk, Max
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM
hello Max,
sorry for my (very) late reply, I missed your question.
I'm not sure what you mean by usingthis project to authenticate users through "user profile manager":
LDAPCP only resolves values and creates permissions, it is not involved in authentication stage
It is designed to connect to an LDAP or an AD, but if you intend to adapt it to connect to user profile store, it will involve a lot of changes in the code. I do not want to say it is not possible, but the amount of change is really big.
I hope this helps.
cheers,
Yvan
Apr 3, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Invert you UPS/LDAP concept and you've got it.. The User Profiles Managers can import from LDAP -- there are connection providers for several "foreign" LDAP services Novell, IBM, etc.. The one that is missing is ADLDS (ADAM) -- that's is because under the covers the User Profile connector for AD uses the lightweight version of FIM to stage the AD data into the FIM metaverse_ - the metaverse explains why not all the AD user class attributes appear on the user class modification in UPS. The good news is that MSFT provides a management agent for FIM that allows the ADLDS to be used as a source of information to the UPS.. In your scenario, you'd have to move those users that you with to authenticate via UPS back into ADLDS and then use the LDAP Forms Based Authentication to provide authentication for those users.. BTW if you've extended the schema in ADLDS and wish those attributes to be available in UPS you'll have to hack away at FIM to get them to show up..

The Connector