Display Name in List View

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Hello, I have implemented ldapcp, and it works well.

I have a question about DisplayName. within the ldapcp admin page I have configured the claims provider to show the displayName property. That works well in showing user accounts in the People Picker and in the new item or edit item forms where the Person/Group column is assigned.

However, when I then save the list item, in the default list view, that column of Person/Group doesn't show the DisplayName, it shows the email address.

Is there workaround or some method to also have List Views show the displayName as well?

thanks in advance, mark
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM
hello Mark,
sorry for my late reply.
This behavior is expected, assuming your identity claim type is the email address.
Basically, at search time, LDAPCP can retrieve additional information (the DisplayName), but it creates the permission only with the actual LDAP attribute (the email address), it doesn't include the additional attribute (displayName) which is lost.
When the permissions are displayed, LDAPCP is not called so it cannot resolved the user one more time.
I hope this makes sense.
cheers,
Yvan
Feb 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Thanks for your response. We are going to investigate mapping user profiles to claims identities.