Adding a claim to LDAPCP_Custom

May 7, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Hi,

I'm looking at using LDAPCP_Custom as a claim provider to multiple trusted provider and also am needing to add a claim type that's not defined. I can't obviously get to LDAPCP Configuration page with the this version as there isn't one. I'm also not a developer so I don't have the tools to edit the project.

How can I get around this?

Many thanks.
May 12, 2014 at 7:13 AM
wow no reply at all.
May 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM
What does the custom provide that the core project doesn't? If you're not customizing it in any way, then just use the core solution and you'll have the pages available thus letting you add additional claims.
May 13, 2014 at 3:47 AM
I would like to associate LDAPCP to multiple trusted login provider, and according to description this isn't possible.
Coordinator
May 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Edited May 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM
hello,
sorry for my late reply.
  • Associating LDAPCP to multiple trusted login provider requires customization.
  • Some scenarios like using a custom prefix to resolve input on a specific claim type, or adding a prefix to a value returned by LDAP (typically convert "group" into "domain\group")
  • Associating LDAPCP to multiple trusted login provider requires development skills since it implies to create a new claims provider based on LDAPCP. Despite you can find samples on how to do that in package "LDAPCP for Developers", and that it is quite easy, I strongly discourage you to do so: doing development on SharePoint requires strong skills and a claims provider can have huge impacts if it is not deployed correctly, or code contains errors.
cheers,
Yvan
May 29, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Thanks very much. I've decided to stick with my current situation and am working around the claim types I have.