Claims Providers not able to 'update' SharePoint without disconnecting then batch push

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:27 PM
We have both the Wingtips project example and LDAPCP as claims providers, but we are unable to "update" with a new user into the SharePoint User Information File without disconnecting the CP, then pushing from our SQL table the appended users, and then reconnecting SharePoint. Sharepoint will not accept the "update" as it sees that the previous users are already established. Can you provide any insight into the "Update" function?
Sep 11, 2014 at 12:31 PM
hello,
sorry for the very late reply.
If your problem is still active, can you explain what you mean with "update with a new user"? That seems contradictory to me.
cheers,
Yvan
Sep 11, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Thank You for your response, I believe that we have solved one portion of our dilemna and yet I think we are still unable to deploy claims based processing. We have an ongoing project for this and would like to open a dialogue with you about this from our developers - if that is possible.

Secondly, do you find that others have given up on Claims based and moved on due to federation and/or cloud, or are there still some folks that are using pure STS to allow for entry and authorization into sharepoint (2010)