LDAPCP causing UPS to go offline

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Hi,

For some weird reason UPS wouldn't start if LDAPCP is assigned to a trusted provider (ADFS). This was verified when LDAPCP solution is removed from SP. ADFS alone as a trusted provider is not the issue.

I haven't deployed the latest version but I'm wondering if anyone has run into this issue? I couldn't replicate this in DEV. Everything works perfectly there.

Thanks
Jul 23, 2014 at 11:12 AM
hello,
I started the UPS and monitored the ULS logs: LDAPCP was not called during the start (and it started successfully), so I don't see how it could cause this problem in your environment.
cheers,
Yvan
Jul 31, 2014 at 2:06 AM
OK, I think I've nailed down the root cause of this issue. I think it's related to security token service error message on one of the app servers. I'll update again when I find a fix.
thanks.
Jul 31, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Is this server running SharePoint service “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application”?
If not, you need to manually deploy ldapcp.dll assembly in its GAC (located in C:\Windows\assembly)
Maybe your STS fails to load ldapcp.dll assembly, thus preventing UPA sync service to start.